viernes, 22 de mayo de 2009

A World Of Fantasy

After reading the first two chapters of Gulliver's Travel I realized how much I enjoy fantasy. I really liked reading this story and having the images come alive in my mind. I didn't look for pictures but until after I was reading because I enjoyed having everything come real in my imagination without having to see somebody else's creation. Since I was little I have enjoyed reading these fantasies and I really get involved with the character and I like imagining things that don't exist. I really liked the description the author uses as he describes what he felt, thought and saw. I actually admired his actions and I began to even like the Lilliput people.
I tried to get inside of Gulliver's mind and imagine what he must be feeling. What it would be like to just arrive at a place, after experiencing his ship wreck and probably feeling as a failure for having spent his money in a project that didn't survive, and find all these miniature humans. It must be weird to be the monster, as we have always imagined that someday someone (aliens, machines, animals, monsters) will come and try to fight us. He must have felt very lonely and constantly thought of his family but really had nothing to do. I don't really understand why he just stayed there and let all these mini people boss and order him around. If it would have been me, I think I would have probable reacted violently to such creatures and even more due to the fact that they tied him and kept him as a captive. However, considering all that Gulliver had just gone through, I guess I wouldn't have had the spirit or strength to fight them and then go back to see, because where else could he go. Now Gulliver is having a passive relationship with these new creatures and he is going to be able to learn about them and get to know them.
This is like a dream to me, I don't believe this possible but I still enjoy reading it and at moments I do kind of wish that this would've happened to me. Its an experience that I would enjoy, like the Harry Potter world, or Narnia, or even Twilight. Its things I know are childish but I still appreciate. I like watching these movies, I devour these books when I get to them and even though I am completely aware that those are fake worlds, I like imagining myself sometimes inside of them and I like establishing feelings towards the characters and they really get me happy and make me enjoy my time.

1 comentario:

J. Tangen dijo...

I think you'll see that behind the fantasy ideas lurk.

3
3
3