jueves, 10 de enero de 2008

thoughts in my mind while reading

When Gunnar was described in the book, I immediately created an image of him base on Hercules and Achilles. His great physical abilities and the fact that he is unbeatable remind me of Greeks and Romans.
Njal and Gunnar put together would get to be the perfect man. He would be extremely well rounded, and he would have both physical and mental strengths. Instead if you separate these two you get Njal being the mind and Gunnar being the body.
When I read about what occurs to Hrut because Gunnar does it as “revenge” in name of Mord the common saying of “what goes around, comes around” comes to mi mind because it shows that when you trick someone it is very possible that you are tricked back.
This story makes me think that there will always be someone better than you but there will also always be someone worse than you and that’s how balance is established in life.
The way in which Gunnar and Njal support each other shows a real relationship and the way friends stick up for one another.
One thing that confused me about the reading is that I’m not sure if it is in chronological order or not.

No hay comentarios: