lunes, 7 de enero de 2008

Resisting lifes temptations

“Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil” St. Matthews 4:1

I believe it is interesting how much Satan and God compete to see if God’s followers are truly loyal or not. It shows how even such great powers have disputes and doubts about themselves and the need to show one is greater than the other. It shows how humanly god and Satan are and how jealousy and competitiveness affect one life. This time Jesus was loyal to God and made Satan look weak because he presented Jesus with three temptations but he fell into none. It also makes me wonder how everything would be if I was the one being tested and if I would reject all temptations just to be loyal to God. It makes me wonder because even though right now I’m all “sure I would resist”, one usually acts differently to however one had previously predicted. It’s just one more reason to look at Jesus as a great person just as he did many other good things in his life.

No hay comentarios: